There are a lot of people that wish they were able to cut stone to enhance the look of their floors. There are also people that wish they could cut rock to be used for other items such as jewelry and art. Whatever your desire may be to cut rock, there is a process that must take place before you get to the finished product. Here are the steps to getting from start to finish. And it may surprise you that you must start with the best rock saws on the market.
There is always a process of getting the correct shape you need from a rock or stone piece. Long before you can polish and fashion the piece it must go through the correct forming process. Here are some of the key steps to achieving your stone goals.
- The first step in the process is to get all of your equipment ready to go. You will need to have safety goggles, gloves, and a mask to keep your lungs from getting infected from rock dust. You will also need to make sure that the blade you are using is right for the type of stone you are cutting. Lastly, get the rock saw ready to go.
- The second step is to actually make the cuts on the rock to achieve the desired shape. Each cut needs to be made clean through or you stand to break the stone into pieces.
- Once the rock is cut to the desired shape it will need to be ground down. You will need to use a hand grinder to remove all of the rough edges. There are different speeds and wheels that can be used to acquire the desired texture to the piece. Just make sure that there are no sharp edges left that can potentially cut someone.
- Once the grinding is finished, you will need to hand sand the final product in order to get the desired look and feel of the object. Once that is complete you will be ready for the next step.
- Polishing is one of the best steps as the process begins to highlight the qualities of the stone. The polish will give the stone a shine and texture that will catch the eye of a potential buyer. Use an extra-fine paper or polish to achieve the desired look.
The desired look of a product starts with the rock saw. Without the proper saw, it is next to impossible to achieve the desired result. It is also important to have a wide range of blades available in order to work with different stones.